Information we collect and receive
OfficeAccord may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to a Instance by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to OfficeAccord when using the Services.
- Other Information. OfficeAccord can also collect, generate and/or receive Other Information:
- Instance and Account Information. Customers (e.g., your employer) that purchase a paid version of the Services provide, at the Customer’s discretion, OfficeAccord with a business email address, phone number, department, job function, office location, gender, date of birth, and/or employee start date.
- Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users use the Services. For example, OfficeAccord logs the Instances, posts, conversations, votes, people, content and links you interact with, the types of files shared and what Third Party Services are used (if any).
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. OfficeAccord collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We receive information from you, your Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use the business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. OfficeAccord may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Third Party Services. Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third Party Services for their Instance. Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, and Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable these integrations for their Instance. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with OfficeAccord. For example, if Active Directory integration is enabled to permit profile user data to pass from Customer’s Active Directory to the Instance to avoid users having to manually input their profile fields, we may receive user name and email address of Authorized Users, along with additional information that the application has elected to make available to OfficeAccord to facilitate the integration. Authorized Users should check with their Customer the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to OfficeAccord. When a Third Party Service is enabled, OfficeAccord is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to OfficeAccord in accordance with our agreement with the Customer. We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services.
- Additional Information Provided to OfficeAccord. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with OfficeAccord.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Instance setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How we use information
Customer Data will be used by OfficeAccord in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. OfficeAccord is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to an Instance, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.OfficeAccord uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, OfficeAccord uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. OfficeAccord attempts to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Instances and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, channels or expertise to an Authorized User, make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience or create new productivity features and products.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How we share and disclose information
This section describes how OfficeAccord may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and OfficeAccord does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions. OfficeAccord will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services. When an Authorized User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users in the same or connected Instances. For example, an Authorized User’s email address may be displayed for other Authorized Users. As agreed between OfficeAccord and Customer, all Personal Data can be added, deleted, modified, displayed, and/or hidden at the discretion of each Authorized User.
- Collaborating with Others. The Services provide ways for Authorized Users working in the same or connected Instances to collaborate. Other Information, such as an Authorized User’s profile Information, may be viewed by another Authorized User in that same or connected Instance.
- Customer Access. Owners, administrators, Authorized Users and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export logs of Instance activity, or accessing or modifying your profile details. At any time, Authorized Users can add, delete, or modify information in their profile.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services. We do not and will not sell your Personal Data to any Third Party Service.
- During a Change to OfficeAccord’s Business. If OfficeAccord engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of OfficeAccord’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements. For example, we may share with a partner, the average amount of time spent within a typical Instance.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective OfficeAccord customer the average amount of time spent within a typical Instance.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of OfficeAccord or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. OfficeAccord may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, OfficeAccord does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 years old has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us at email@example.com and we will takes steps to moderate and/or delete such information.
OfficeAccord takes security of data very seriously. OfficeAccord works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality of the Services, please see our hosting and security page. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, OfficeAccord cannot guarantee that, despite using military grade SHA2 data encryption both in transit and at rest, Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
International data transfers, Privacy Shield, and Contractual Terms
For redundancy and efficiency, OfficeAccord may transfer your Personal Data to countries other than the one in which you live. To do this safely and within the rules and regulations of the European Union and/or Switzerland, OfficeAccord has partnered with Microsoft Azure who deploys the following safeguards if OfficeAccord transfers Personal Data originating from the European Union or Switzerland to other countries not deemed adequate under applicable data protection law:
- European Union Model Clauses. OfficeAccord has partnered with Microsoft to offer European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet the adequacy and security requirements for our Customers that operate in the European Union, and other international transfers of Customer Data.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the Profile section of your company’s instance of OfficeAccord. If you cannot use or understand the Profile section, please contact Customer for additional access and assistance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for Customer contact information.To the extent that OfficeAccord’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, OfficeAccord relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. OfficeAccord may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data but will do so only with written consent from our clients.
Data protection authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict OfficeAccord’s use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to your country’s lead supervisory authority.